In Case You Missed A Recent Post




Monday 18 June 2012

A Look At Garden Fairies

A friend of mine introduced me to the books of poems and art work by Cicely Mary Barker.  The following books are of her work and the poem is one of hers.






Spring Magic

The World is very old
But year by year
It groweth new again
When bud appear

The World is very old;
And sometimes sad;
But when the daisies come
The World is glad.

The World is very old;
But every Spring
It groweth young again,
And fairies sing.

                                                                              Cicely Mary Barker


This is an ad for Fairy soap that appeared in the "Ladies Home Journal for February 1919".


I do collect old Cigarette cases I use them for storing different things.  When I found this one I gave it to my friend to add to her collection.  I'm afraid the picture is not that great but I wanted to add it so I did.

Linking to:

5 comments:

  1. I am seeing a lot of fairy gardens in different posts - either in containers or against sheltered tree bases. A delightful group of fairy themed books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some of the fairies in my garden from the Cicely Mary Barker series. I've not read the the books but I am intrigued! Your cigarette case is pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fairies are absolutely to die for !
    New follower from the Blog Hop
    -Buffi
    My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet poem. Spring is my favorite season and it's all because of the renewal of things. It always amazes me how the earth becomes so beautiful after being covered with snow here in UT. I have a fairy garden I made in an old wheelbarrow. The grandies love it. The books look so sweet. Is that a cute fairy on the case? Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up to TA-DA TUESDAY! How beautiful! If you haven’t already, I’d be delighted if you’d follow back : ) blessings!
    ~Misty
    413 Sparrow Lane

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to your kind comments.
Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...