In Case You Missed A Recent Post




Monday 25 November 2013

Roses, Elvis And Christmas

Roses, Elvis and Christmas and a few other finds seemed liked the way I wanted to go with in this post.




The top picture is a biscuit tin by Carr and Co. Ltd. in Carlisle England.  I love the blue background and the roses on it.  I found it at a favourite second hand store for a good price.
The rose Christmas apron on the mannequin I thought made a lovely apron to use for Christmas.
The white child's skates with a green rose on a stand and the black skates with a cream rose make a great Christmas  display.


These Russell Stover chocolate tins with Elvis' image were a garage sale find.


This 45 Elvis record I found at a second hand store it's going to be part of my Christmas decorating on my hoosier this year.
Mama Liked The Roses
Oh, mama liked the roses, she grew them in the yard
But winter always came around and made the growing way to hard
Oh, mama liked the roses and when she had the time
She'd decorate the living room, for all us kids to see
When I hear the Sunday bells ringing in the morning
I remember crying when she used to sing
Oh, mama liked the roses but most of all she cared
About the way we learned to live and if we said our prayers
You know I kept the family Bible
With a rose that she saved inside
It was pressed between the pages
Like it had found a place to hide
Oh, mama liked the roses in such a special way
We bring them every mother's day and put them on her grave
Oh, mama liked the roses, mmm
Mama liked the roses,
mmm
Written by John L. Christopher

This song Elvis recorded in 1969 it was on his 1970 Elvis Christ Album.


These are some roses the fiancé bought for me early in our relationship.

Wedding Update:

Today the fiancé and I went engagement ring shopping and we found a ring.  I decided to keep it close to home and went with a Canadian diamond set in a white gold band.  The fiancé's budget went down the drain good thing I was there to direct him in the right direction.



I found this ring holder a few weeks back after a little cleaning she shined right up.  She could come in handy.


This brooch is a nice addition to my brooch collection, it's an unsigned piece.





8 comments:

  1. I am impressed how wonderful the ring holder cleaned up. Beautiful! I have XM radio free for two weeks and have been listening to Elvis radio everyday, gotta love Elvis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Denise,

    It must be exciting to go ring shopping. I'll bet you sparkle now.

    Have a good Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finds and the ring holder is a sweet surprise. Congratulations on your new ring. Wishing you much happiness as you plan your wedding.
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. great finds. I like the biscuit tins. I need to pick some up for cookies I will make during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skate displays are really great. My favorite Elvis song was Can't Help Falling In Love. Congrats on getting your ring, that's so exciting! Thanks so much for sharing this at the We Call It Olde Link Up! -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely treasures! You have a great eye for a good find. I found you via The Shabby Nest....Mimi...xxx
    http://atrayofbliss.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I pinned the brooch it is BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for coming by Thifter/Maker/Fixer/Farm, we're happy to have you link up.

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to your kind comments.
Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...